Emergent Stroke Ready Hospitals
ESRHs, hospitals that diagnose, treat, and transport acute stroke patients to a higher level of care as warranted, are located throughout the state of Kansas. ESRHs must annually attest to Kansas State Stroke Task Force their continued compliance with criteria outlined below and must comply with these criteria 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
ESRH designation criteria include:
- Written emergent stroke care protocols;
- Written transfer agreement with a hospital with neurosurgical expertise;
- Director of stroke care to oversee hospital stroke policies and procedures. This may be a clinical staff member or the designee of the hospital administrator;
- Administration of thrombolytic therapy (e.g. Alteplase);
- Ability to conduct brain image tests (e.g. CT scan) at all times;
- Ability to conduct blood coagulation studies at all times; and
- Report data through a designated reporting tool (GWTG, KISS Survey Monkey).