KISS is organized as a four prong approach to the care of acute stroke.
- Organize and partner with EMS to provide screening, evaluation, and routing to ensure the fastest and safest delivery of care.
- Provide Education and support to ANY hospital that desires assistance in evaluation and treatment of stroke.
- Assist with the transport and evaluation/treatment through a network of both Primary and Comprehensive Stroke Centers;
- Improve the publics knowledge of stroke to provide the opportunity for treatment.
How does KISS do this?
- By providing free education at all levels for providers in each of the 6 ambulance regions in the state of Kansas through Stroke Bootcamps, “First Tuesdays” 30 minute stroke webinars, and statewide case reviews.
- By providing a free Physician 24/7 stroke support line to assist with the evaluation and decision on treatment/transfer for any of your stroke patients.
- Certification/Attestation for Emergency Stroke Ready Hospital. (see Resources)
- University of Kansas Health System – Vascular Neurology Group
- Stormont-Vail Healthcare – Hospitalists
- Ascension Via-Christi Wichita – Neuro-Critical Care Team
Kansas Initiative for Stroke Survival Executive Board
Many of the members of the KISS executive board have participated in this initiative since 2011. There are members of varying backgrounds (Vascular Neurologist, Emergency Physicians, Intensivist, Hospitalists, Nurse Leadership, Stroke Coordinators, Administration and EMS) from different regions of the state. Our common goal is to improve acute stroke care for our patients across the state.
|Colleen Lechtenberg MD (Chair)||The University of Kansas Health System|
|Alan Reeves MD||The University of Kansas Health System|
|Janice Sandt RN||The University of Kansas Health System|
|Tony Nunn RN||The University of Kansas Health System|
|Sarah Langston RN||The University of Kansas Health System|
|Kristina Willour RN||Ascension Via Christi Wichita|
|Wyssem Ramdani MD||Ascension Via Christi Wichita|
|Hartej Sethi MD||Stormont Vail Healthcare|
|Angela Mendez RN||Stormont Vail Healthcare|
|Carol Groen RN||Hays Med – The University of Kansas Health System|
|Mindy Olberding RN||Community Healthcare System|
|Nick Robbins EMT-P||Franklin County EMS|
|Angela Welch RN||Advent Health Ottawa|
|Craig Bloom RN||Member-At-Large|
|Julia Pyle COO, CNO||Newman Regional Health|
|Rod Pace RN, EMT-P||Air Medical Group KS|
|Jeremiah Ostmeyer MD||Salina Regional Health Center|
|Tim Stebbins MD||Ascension Via Christi Pittsburg|
|Naomi Powers RN||Ascension Via Christi Pittsburg|
|Jessica Cobb RN||Ascension Via Christi Pittsburg|
|Brittan Zuccarelli MD||Salina Regional Health|