Skip to content
KISS is organized as a four prong approach to the care of acute stroke.
- Organize and partner with EMS to provide screening, evaluation, and routing to ensure the fastest and safest delivery of care.
- Provide Education and support to ANY hospital that desires assistance in evaluation and treatment of stroke.
- Assist with the transport and evaluation/treatment through a network of both Primary and Comprehensive Stroke Centers;
- Improve the publics knowledge of stroke to provide the opportunity for treatment.
How does KISS do this?
- By providing free education at all levels for providers in each of the 6 ambulance regions in the state of Kansas.
- By providing a free Physician hotline (24/7 stroke support line) to assist with the evaluation and decision on treatment/transfer for any of your stroke patients.
- Certification/Attestation for Emergency Stroke Ready Hospital. (see Policies)
- University of Kansas Hospital – Vascular Neurology Group
- Stormont-Vail Healthcare – Hospitalists
- Via-Christi St. Francis – Neuro-Critical Care Team